Anke Eckardt, sound and media artist.
Born in Dresden (DE) in 1976. Lives and works in Berlin since 1994.
Since 2008 her work encompasses installations, a theoretical discourse on the topic of the phenomenology of sounds and teaching. Within her artistic research projects Anke Eckardt intertwines her artistic and her theoretical work; she presents their results internationally in exhibitions and at conferences. For her large-scale installations she uses sound including ultrasound and infrasound in combination with other media/materials in motion such as water, concrete, beams of light, a parabolic mirror. Additionally, Anke Eckardt has a professional background in sound engineering.
Her main field of research are ‘SONIC SPACES’ where she investigates basic components of space on an artistic as well as theoretical level:
‘SONIC SPACES’ Artistic Research Projects :
1) Verticality (2008-2010)
2) (Permeable) Walls (2010-2012)
3) (Unstable) Ground (2012-2014)
THEORY / TEACHING:
Anke Eckardt gives a regular course on the theme of SONIC SPACES at the University of the Arts, Berlin in winter 2013/2014. She holds lectures and gives workshops.
GRANTS / PRIZES:
Anke Eckardt received one of the fellowships at The Graduate School For The Arts And The Sciences at the University of the Arts Berlin 2011-2013. Her multisensory installation piece 'BETWEEN | YOU | AND | ME' got a Honorary Mention in the 'Digital Musics and Sound Art' category of Prix Ars Electronica 2012. Based on the submission of her sound sculpture ' ! ' she was awarded the Artist-In-Residence Grant of the Saxon State Ministry for Higher Education, Research and the Fine Arts 2011 by the CynetArt-Jury. This grant is awarded in co-operation with City of Dresden and, co-funded by ‘Culture Programme’ (2007-2013) in framework of European networking- and co-operation project ‘E.C.A.S. – Networking Tomoorows' Art For An Unknown Future’. 2009-10 she received the Career Advancement Grant from the Federal Ministry of Education and Research for completing her Master of Arts in ‘Sound Studies’ at the University of the Arts, Berlin.
- NOVEMBER/DECEMBER ERRANT BODIES (Berlin, DE): reduced prototype ' GROUND ' at ERRANT BODIES
- NOVEMBER/DECEMBER NEMO-Festival (Paris, FR): ' BETWEEN | YOU | AND | ME ' at the NEMO festival
- OCTOBER EVIL MUSIC (Berlin, DE): ' STALKER 1 ' and ' STALKER 2 ' at the EVIL MUSIC festival at House of World Cultures
- OCTOBER ODDSTREAM-Festival (Nijmegen, NL): ' BETWEEN | YOU | AND | ME ' at the ODDSTREAM-Festival 2012
- OCTOBER GRADUALE (Berlin, DE): prototyp of 'GROUNDED ' at the Amerika-Haus at the GRADUALE 2012
- OCTOBER MUSIKPROTOKOLL (Graz, AT): ' BETWEEN | YOU | AND | ME ' at the Galerie Zimmermann at the festival MUSIKPROTOKOLL 2012 (part of STEIRISCHER HERBST 2012)
- SEPT./OCT. ARS ELECTRONICA (Linz, AT): '' BETWEEN | YOU | AND | ME ' at OK Linz in the CyberArts-Exhibition of ARS ELECTRONICA 2012
- APRIL/MAY EMAF (Osnabrück, DE): ' ! ' MULTICHANNEL at Kunsthalle Dominkanerkirche at the EUROPEAN MEDIA ART FESTIVAL
- JAN./FEBR. CTM.12 EXHIBITION (Berlin, DE): Multi-Sensory Installation ' BETWEEN | YOU | AND | ME ' at Kunstraum Kreuzberg/Bethanien at the exhibition of the CTM-FESTIVAL
- NOVEMBER CYNETART (Dresden, DE): enhanced version of ' BETWEEN | YOU | AND | ME ' at the CYNETART Festival
- JUNE TRANS-MEDIA-AKADEMIE HELLERAU (Dresden, DE): technical prototyp of the multi-sensory installation ' BETWEEN | YOU | AND | ME ' at the Trans-Media-Akademie Hellerau
- NOVEMBER CYNETART (Dresden, DE): ' ! ' MULTICHANNEL at the CYNETART Festival
- SEPTEMBER TODAYSART (The Hague, NL): ' ! ' MULTICHANNEL at the TODAYSART Festival
- SEPTEMBER GOGBOT (Enschede, NL): Sound Sculpture ' ! ' at the GOGBOT Festival
- MARCH/APRIL PLANETART (Amsterdam, NL): Sound Sculpture ' ! ' at the Exhibition TECHNOLOGICAL SINGULARITY
- JAN./FEBR. SPA (Berlin, DE): Sound Sculpture ' ! ' at TAG & CTM's Exhibition ESEMPLASTICISM: THE TRUTH IS A COMPROMISE
- SEPT. GENERAL PUBLIC (Berlin, DE): Sound Sculpture ' ! ' at CTM´s Symposium 'Structures Node 2: Blind Capture'
- SEPT. BIORAMA PROJEKT (Joachimsthal, DE): Sound Sculpture ' ! ' + Sound Installation 'midnightsun' in Group show '17räume' together with Robert Curgenven
- AUG. HKW (Berlin, DE): Sound Sculpture ' ! ' + Lecture 'Vertikales Hören in der Kongresshalle' in Group show 'Hausklang'
- JULY GROSSER WASSERSPEICHER (Berlin, DE): Sound Installation 'STILLERwerden ' & Sound Installation 'DOOM' in Group show 'Klangspeicher 2008'
- MAR. GALERIE AUTOCENTER (Berlin, DE): Sound Installation 'ungelesen', Collaboration with artist Daniel Sprenger and programmer Peter Votava, concept and sound for Sound Installation